I love dormice! they are just so dang cute! So I made a blanket of one! Meet Delilah!
You can grab the pattern over in the British Wildlife CAL Facebook group – she can be found in the files section 🙂
and here is a little FactFile about Dormice!… because I did one for Percival and now Delilah is insisting she gets one!
- Dormice at TINY they weigh up to 40g but lose half of this weight when they hibernate!
- Dormice are important pollinators – they like to eat nectar so pollen gets stuck on their whiskers 🙂
- Dormice fossils have been found… and they are 30million years old!
- there are now only around 45000 dormice in the UK and they have become extinct in 7 counties 😦
- AThe dormice that live in the UK are called hazel dormice (because they like hazelnuts!) – there are 33 species worldwide though!
And here is a list of the Yarns I used 🙂
- 25g pink – Marriner DK (Pale Rose)
- 25g black – Women’s Institue Premium Acrylic (black)
- 50g very light brown (belly) – Marriner DK (biscuit)
- 50g cream (feet) – something from my stash… I have no idea what it was, but it was the right colour!
- 50g brown (tail) – Marriner DK (mink)
- 300g light brown (body) – Women’s Institute Premium Acrylic (biscuit)
- 400g background colour yarn – Marriner Twister DK (Pink Fashion)