You can grab the pattern over in the British Wildlife CAL Facebook group – he can be found in the files section 🙂
And here is a little FactFile about hares!… because I did one for the previous two critters so I might as well for Henric!
- Hares can run up to 45mph to flee from predators… That’s FAST!
- Male hares are called jacks while females are called jills! oh! and baby hares are called leverets!
- Hares are larger than rabbits and have bigger ears!
- The phrase “mad as a march hare” comes from the boxing they can be seen doing in the spring – this is the jills telling the jacks they aren’t interested
- a fully grown hare can weigh up to 7kg
And here is a list of the Yarns I used 🙂
- 25g black – Womens Institute Premium Acrylic Black
- 25g pink – Marriner Double Knit fondant (although the pink colour would work too!)
- 25g cream – I actually used a grey from my stash!
- 50g light brown – I used Marriner Double Knit Oatmeal, but I can’t find a link to it – but this would work just as well – Cygnet Double Knit Beige
- 50g dark brown – Marriner Double Knit Mink
- 250g brown (main body colour) – Women’s Institute Premium Acrylic Biscuit
- 500g background colour (I used a solid blue ☺ ) – Marriner Double Knit aqua