Meet Drake- He is a lovely little duck! You can also find a pattern for his wife Daphne if you follow the link to the facebook group 🙂
You can grab the pattern over in the British Wildlife CAL Facebook group – he can be found in the files section 🙂 Or you can find this pattern over on my ravelry page 🙂
And here is a little FactFile about ducks!
- Drake is a mallard duck – they can be found pretty much everywhere!
- A female lays a clutch of around 12 eggs
- The ducklings hatch after about 28 days and then begin their journey to the water!
- Mallards can live for up to 10 years in the wild
- Mallards moult in the summer, during this time they cannot fly!
And here is a list of the Yarns I used – the amounts are for making a granny square blanket! 🙂
- 25g white – Marriner Double Knit Yarn – White
- 50g Dark green – Marriner Double Knit Yarn – Green
- 50g black – Marriner Double Knit Yarn – Black
- 50g yellow – Marriner Double Knit Yarn – Sunrise
- 50g light brown – Marriner Double Knit Yarn – Beige
- 150g green – Marriner Double Knit Yarn – Cordial
- 150g brown – Marriner Double Knit – Mink
- 450g background – Marriner Double Knit Yarn – Red